What is Myrtle?
Myrtle is a local social enterprise, as well as a socially conscious gift-giving shop. We aim to create meaningful gifts through empowering low-income mothers as our artisanal product designers. We believe that the act of service empowers both the ‘giver’ and the ‘recipient’.
How does Myrtle partner with these low-income mothers?
Myrtle’s key goal is to empower low-income mothers as artisanal product designers so as to support their families. We work with local Family Service Centres (FSCs) and charity organisations to recruit mothers, providing them with flexible work arrangements, and ensuring that they earn a reasonable income. We are building a supportive community with our mothers and their families. Each product is handcrafted with love by our mothers, who are committed to design high quality products for you.
How can I be more involved in Myrtle’s mission and community beyond my purchase?We are currently repurposing flowers to produce dried flower resin coasters. You can support us by donating your fresh flowers (preferably within a few days of receiving them) so that we can repurpose them. Please contact us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What payment methods do you accept?We accept payments through Shopify Pay which supports credit/debit card payments and Bank Transfer as well. For Bank Transfer, you must insert the naming of the coaster purchased in the reference code, for example [XX001] ‘Collection Name’ Coaster.
Do you do self-collection and delivery?
- Yes, we do both self-collection and delivery. For self-collection, you can choose to self-collect your purchases at our office.
Storefriendly Centre @ Paya Lebar (5-10 mins walk from Paya Lebar MRT)
107 Eunos Ave 3, Storefriendly Centre, Singapore 409837
Alternatively, you can opt for tracked delivery by our engaged courier service. Standard cost for delivery will be $4.30 to a single location, even if multiple products are purchased.
How do I place an order as a gift?
- All our products come in a gift box that is ideal for gifting. Should you want to purchase our product as a gift, indicate the recipient's address as the shipping address and your gift will be sent to the recipient.
- If you need help with your order, feel free to drop us an email: email@example.com
Can I order in bulk?Yes you can! Each product is lovingly handcrafted and we have limited quantities. Do drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see how we can help you. We are also open to customisations on a case-by-case basis.
Do you ship internationally?Shipping internationally is currently in our pipeline. Do drop us a note via our Contact Us page should you be interested and we will keep you updated!
How long will it take for my order to arrive?Myrtle's shipment requests are processed every Tuesdays and Thursdays. For delivery by our courier service, your order will arrive within 4 - 5 business days. A confirmation email and tracking code will be sent to you once your order has been shipped.
What if I'm not home when the delivery is made?The driver will contact you if you are not home. You will have the option to liaise with the driver to leave the parcel at your doorstep. However, Myrtle or our courier service will not be liable for any losses. Should you not be contactable, the driver will deliver again on another day, for up to 2 times.
What is your exchange and return policy?
- We have a strictly no returns policy. We do not allow for exchanges and refunds due to slight discolouration of the resin or bubbles.
- Exchanges are only allowed if the products fail to meet satisfactory quality on our side:
- Manufacturing defects such as significant scratches on the coaster surface
- Resin that has “yellowed” within 1 month or less from the purchase date
- In both cases, products will be replaced with a similar design.
- For manufacturing defects, we have a 7-day exchange policy, which means you have 7 days after receiving your item to request an exchange. To be eligible for an exchange, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unused, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the proof of purchase.
- For resin that has "yellowed" within 1 month or less from the purchase date, you will not need to return the product in its original packaging. However, you'll still need the proof of purchase.
How do I go about my exchange or return process?
- Complaints of defective products will be processed on a case by case basis. To start an exchange, you can contact us at email@example.com with the following template filled:
Date of Purchase:
Reason for exchange: e.g product defect
Attachment(s): Pictures of the product
- If your exchange is accepted, we’ll provide instructions on how and where to send your package. The return shipping fees will be borne by Myrtle. Items sent back to us without first requesting an exchange will not be accepted.
- Exchanges may take up to 12 business days to process and verify.
What if my item arrives damaged or I receive the wrong item?Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if the item is defective, damaged, or if you have received the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
How do I take care of my coasters?
- Don’t leave it out in direct sunlight for prolonged periods as it speeds up the "yellowing" process.
- Clean your coasters with a soft cloth and a gentle cleaner just like you would with any glass surface.
- Avoid using harsh or abrasive chemicals.
If you have any other questions that are unanswered here, please head over to our Contact Us page to indicate your query!